"What this Country needs is not a change OF men but a change IN men" March 1980

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Transcript of Interview On Garci Name-drop at Congress Hearing Today 7 December 2005

INTERVIEWER: Is it true that you called Garcillano during the 2004 campaign/ election period?

GORDON : The only time I met him was after the elections, in February 2005. He must be hallucinating because I never met him before that. I never spoke with him until February 2005 long after I was already elected and at that time he was lobbying kung pwede yung Commission on Appointment na posisyon niya ay ma-confirm. And I was also talking with him about the overseas elections. That was all we talked about. I did tell him na galit sa kanya si Sen. Pimentel so mahihirapan siya. I don’t even know the guy personally.

INTERVIEWER: February this year?

GORDON: Yes. That was the first time I met him and I never even knew of him before that.

INTERVIEWER: So siya ang tumawag, Sir?

GORDON: He called me and he asked my staff if he could see me and I saw him at the Diamond Hotel, it was a public place. I never met him before that.

INTERVIEWER: But you didn’t talk on the phone?

GORDON: No. During my campaign, I never talked to any COMELEC officials during the campaign.

INTERVIEWER: What do you think of this na parang strategy ni Mr.Garci ang mentioning of names without exactly saying what was talked about?

GORDON: I don’t know what he said. I was just pleasantly surprised in the sense that he is mentioning my name now. Thank you very much but I don’t know you. I never met you until after the elections. I don’t have a habit of calling the election commissioner.

INTERVIEWER: Are you taking any actions against him?

GORDON: I think, yung mga tumawag sa kanya has something to explain because tama lang iyon because magtatanong ang tao. Pero yung hindi naman tumawag sa kanya, ano pa ang ipapaliwanag ko.

INTERVIEWER: Pero binanggit ang pangalan ninyo sir at sinabi niyang tumawag kayo sa kanya?

GORDON: Siguro natataranta na siya dahil sa dami...but kung binabanggit ako dahil siguro medyo kritikal ako sa kanya noong mga nakaraan.

INTERVIEWER: Sir, yung binasa niya ay long list of callers?

GORDON: Well I never called him and I don’t even know his number. I only met him like I said in February 2005 in Diamond Hotel.

INTERVIEWER: So he is lying?

GORDON: I think he is hallucinating. Hindi niya alam kung sino ang nakausap niya at yung hindi niya nakausap. That makes his statement against other senators even incredible because I never really know him even if they put me in a lie detector test. I have never talked with him. I have never met him until after the elections.

INTERVIEWER: Sir, hindi ba malisyoso ang motibo niya na nagda-drop siya ng pangalan?

GORDON: Malisyoso iyon in the sense na kung ang pakay niya is to divert attention to others specially to names that he thinks could create a headline, then he is grossly mistaken. Mali iyon.

INTERVIEWER: Walang credibility?

GORDON: Walang credibility. Absolutely no credibility.

INTERVIEWER: Sir, ano ang ginawa ninyo sa Diamond?

GORDON: We just had a dinner and my staff was there. Sinasabi niya na kung pwede ko siyang matulungan sa COMELEC pero ang sabi ko mukhang nagagalit sa iyo si Sen. Pimentel dahil sa dagdag-bawas mo. Hindi naman daw totoo iyon, pinagbibintangan lang daw naman siya. But that was the only time I met him.

INTERVIEWER: So siya ang may kailangan sa iyo?

GORDON: Yes. Siya ang may kailangan, hindi ako ang may kailangan.

INTERVIEWER: Sir accidental po yung meeting ninyo?

GORDON: No. He asked for an appointment.

INTERVIEWER: Sir, ano ang palagay ninyong motibo ni Garci bakit binanggit ang name ninyo?

GORDON: Well, (1) he could have made an honest mistake or (2) it could be malicious. He could be saying this para smoke screen, get the publicity away from certain personalities perhaps. I am very comfortable with myself. I never talked with this guy, never met him, that’s it.

INTERVIEWER: Sir, sabi ni Sen. Miriam, yung mga papangalanan daw ni Garci ay isa-subject for Ethics Committee so more or less pagpapaliwanagin din kayo doon?

GORDON: I’m not worried. The truth is before me. It’s with me and I don’t have to worry about anything.

END

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent site you've got here.. It's difficult to find excellent writing like
yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Review my web page; waist To height ratio

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام

12:10 AM

 
Blogger سبحان الله said...


بالطبع ان وجود الحشرات يحتاج شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
وكذالك في اي مكان يسبب الازاعاج الدائم والخوف الشديد من الاصابة من الامراض ونقل العدوى والفيروسات خاصتا اذا تواجدت هذة الحشرات في منزلك ومكان راحتنا واماكن نومنا وتسبب لك الاحراج دائما مع الاصدقاء والضيوف بل وتسبب لك الانزعاج الكثيرة والامور النفسية الصعبة وعدم التركيزفي حل المشكلة وها هنا قد جاءت لكم شركة ركن سيف للحل النهائي والفعال لجميع انواع الحشرات الطائرة والزاحفة مهما كانت كثرتها وخطورتها فشركتنا تعمل بأفضل الطرق الحديثة بعيدا كل البعد عن الطرق التقليدية التي لا تفيد بشيء وبهذة الطرق يتم التخلص من الحشرات دائما وبافضل المبيدات الحشرية الامنة عليك وعلى اطفالك ولا تسبب اي اصابة للانسان سواء الدوخة او الوعكة الصحية فلا داعي للقلق فأنت عندما تتعامل مع شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء فانت في أمان كامل مكمل كل ما عليك هوا الاستعانه بشركتنا ونحن في انتظارك دائما ركن سيف
.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger chenlili said...

polo ralph
the north face
beats by dre
ugg pas cher
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet stores
michael kors handbags
ugg boots
swarovski
north face
201712.18chenjinyan

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Mahmoud Amin said...

شركة الفخارية تداول أو الشركة السعودية لإنتاج الأنابيب الفخارية.

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home