"What this Country needs is not a change OF men but a change IN men" March 1980

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

DBM chief grilled over Rice Crisis

When asked by Senator Richard Gordon on how much the government would need to avert the rice crisis, Andaya, during his confirmation at the CA, said the budget department was allotting an additional P12 billion for seed distribution, farmer support, irrigation and rice importation.

"For total package this year, including importation of rice, I cannot give [a] specific amount, including support services for farmers, would be an additional P12 billion,” he said.

He added that the budget was included in the P50-million package for agriculture until 2010.

Gordon, however, said that Agriculture Secretary Arthur Yap estimated that the government would need about P20 billion for the importation alone.

Andaya clarified that the additional incentive was “over and above” the 2008 budget of the Department of Agriculture, which had been allotted for addressing the rice crisis caused by soaring prices and stagnant production.

DBM chief Andaya gets appointments committee nod
Gov’t allots P12B to deal with rice crisis, he say
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 13:25:00 05/13/2008
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20080513-136238/
DBM-chief-Andaya-gets-appointments-committee-nod

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Lutero said...

Senator Dick Gordon,

You probably don't remember me anymore. When I graduated from College I worked for you as a Computer System Consultant, 1992 -1993, Office of the City Mayor.

I migrated to the US in 1993 and currently a resident of Maryland.

I continued to pursue my Technology career. For the last eight years I worked for 2 great Counties in Maryland prior to that I worked for private computer corporations. I made significant contributions in the organization I worked for.

I am currently working as a Software Applications Department Manager for one of the Local County Government in Maryland. I am currently a graduate student at University of Maryland, Baltimore.

I never forget how hard you worked during the inception of SBMA. I was truly inspired that I worked for you. The discipline of hardwork and working late to meet deadlines, I learned from working for you. I remember what you used to say... it doesn't matter if you are a garbage collector as long as you are the "best garbage collector in town".

I am truly interested on how I could help, I truly hope and pray to the Lord that he will give Philippines a "great president". Some says you are the Filipino Obama... my personal opinion, you are far better because of you strong and true faith in the Lord.


I can be reached at weesedom@gmail.com


Thank you,
Ruth Lutero (my maiden name)
weesedom@gmail.com

10:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post. I will be facing some of these issues as well.

.

Take a look at my web page: menores

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home